Monday, March 30, 2009

Seattle

Friday Cooper and I headed to the airport around 5:30. Thinking the security lines might be a little bit longer, but no! We cruised right through and then found out that our flight was delayed by 45 min. Not to bad but bad enough when the terminals are packed and you have a toddler how wants to run. When our plane finally arrived and we boarded the plane I was trying to point out ever little thing on the plane to get Cooper distracted from the sound. He was so good during take off. As soon as I felt that my ears needed to pop I gave him some milk and he didn't have any problems. He stayed awake until the pilot announced we were decending into Seattle. Then he fell asleep. You never realize how heavy 22 lbs can be until you have to carry it through an airport and try and pick up your luggage while juggling a car seat as well. Of course I finally got it figured out and then he woke up.
Anyway... Friday night when we got to her apartment we set up the crib for Cooper to sleep in and then layed him down because it was 2 hours past his normal bed time. Then Abi, Kip and I just hung out talking till 1a.m. (2a.m. our time).
Because it is vacation doesn't mean we get to sleep in! Cooper woke up at his normal time. Which just happened to be 6a.m. Seattle time. NO WAY man. I forced him back to sleep; after 30 min of crying. Then Abi's little boy Nathan walked in around 8 a.m. and started playing with toys in the room. It scared the fart out of me. So I got up with the kids. Because if you know Abi you should know that any time she can, she will sleep till noon! She didn't this time. I was shocked to see her out of bed at 9 a.m. Of course she did take a 3 hour nap later in the day. We didn't do anything all day. Her family came over at 6 and we ate and played a couple of games and then I hit the sack at 10 because unlike Abi I didn't take a 3 hour nap.
Yesterday was a much better day. Cooper and I woke up and got in the shower while everyone was still sleeping. After playing with the kids for a couple hours and watching Role Models we decided to go to lunch. La Hacienda was fairly good. Cooper totally dug his lunch. It showed all over his face and clothes. When we were done the sun was still out so we went to a local park that was right on the beach. Cooper really likes going down the slide so we did that about 5,000 times. We all walked out on the bridge/ walkway on to the water. Then back to the park for maybe 2,000 times more down the slide. I thought for sure this would wear out all of the kids but oh how I was wrong! They stayed awake while we drove to Snoqualmie Falls. Its a waterfall that isn't too far. It amazed me. Only because the Seattle area is all rolling hills. When you park you walk up this hill and all of the sudden there is a canyon with this beautiful waterfall. WHAT waterfalls are in the mountains. Not in hills!
After that we headed back to the apartment so I could pack and then we had to head to the airport. The flight back was even better. I gave Cooper a little bit of Children's Benadryl. He fell asleep while the plane was taking off.
I miss my Abi and am grateful that I am able to go visit her every once in a while.
Here are a few pictures.
Alyssa, Cooper & I

Nathan & Cooper playing together

All of us at the park by the beach

Going down the slide by himself

Snosqualmie Falls

Cooper watching the planes take off. Really pretty sunset as well.

1 comments:

emily barlocker scott said...

Traveling with kids is one of my fears... I am glad Cooper was so good.