Sunday, March 15, 2009

Friends

I know in our last post I had mentioned Zac & Staci. So this post is a tribute to our new BFF's. Zac and Kris bowl on a Monday night league together and have for the past few years. It wasn't until a couple of months ago that we started hanging out on a semi-regular basis. We all get along so well together and that is hard to find for us. I have found that once you are married most of your friends come through your husbands friends wives and girl friends. I never really wanted to believe that but my denial is over!
I have 3 friends that I call my own. Meaning I had them before I met Kris. These are my best friends and they know who they are. Unfortunately we are all at points in our lives that are very busy and we don't get together as much as we should.
Anyway it seems that this last week except for the 3 days we were all sick. We have hung out with Zac & Staci. Mostly they come over to watch Jazz games or other sporting events. Friday night Staci had a Scentsy party that I did for her. Zac went over to our house to hang with Kris and Cooper. Saturday Morning they came over and watched the Jazz game and we grilled Hamburgers. After the game we went bowling. Then they had to go meet up with Zac's family for a while. Well they ended up calling a couple hours later and wanted to come back over and play games and hang out. We ended up playing a couple of drinking games (after Cooper went to bed). Party of 4 was over at one in the morning. Today they came back over for another Jazz game and dinner and then we played some more card games (sober this time). Its weird to find a couple that you can spend this much time around and not get sick of each other. One of the best parts about them is Cooper LOVES them. He and Zac give high 5's all the time its so cute!
I just think that friends are so important to a person's sanity. Its even better to find couple friends that both of you love to be around and like to be around you too. Mine and Kris's personalities balance each other out so I always love to find other couples who are the same as us.
Ottley's Bowling

Drunken Farkle

0 comments: