Friday, May 2, 2008

1st Anniversary

Wow I cant believe its already been a year! After our birthday part extravaganza my parents took Cooper home with them so Kris and I could spend a couple of days alone. We decided to go to Johnson's Mill, in Midway. We were able to reserve the Honeymoon suite. So awesome! It had a king size bed, jetted tub, rock wall shower w/ 3 shower heads (one was a waterfall), a couch, TV, and a mini fridge. We arrived around 4 pm on Sunday evening and were supposed to have reservations at a local resturant but unfortunately there was a mis-communication and they were closed on Sundays. So we decided to try the Claim Jumper instead. It was dissapointing to say the least. They pretty much ruined Kris's dinner, which pissed him off to the point that he didn't want to eat any more. My dinner was just fine so I was happy about that. Bad start to a nice little vaca but there was hope on the horizon. When we got back from dinner I wanted to take a bath, because I couldn't remember the last I could completely submerge myself in a bath tub. It took close to 20 min to fill up; that is how big it was. Talk about wonderful! I really need a bigger bath tub in my home.
In the morning the inn served breakfast at 9a.m. sharp! So we sat at a dining room table and had breakfast with the rest of the guests. We had in room couple massages at 11 am so we headed back to the room and hung out for an hour before they got there. MMmmmm what a great rub down. Kris fell asleep and I was darn close. After that we showered and got ready for the day. We went and had lunch at Subway and then drove around Midway. Went to the top of Memorial Hill and spied around the town. Other than that we had dinner planned at Moutainhouse Grill for dinner. It was really good. We took some cheesecake back with us. Yummy!
Tuesday morning was uneventful. We ate breakfast and then packed up to check out. After we left we headed north toward Bear Lake. Kris and I decided that we would spend a couple days with my parents and then we would head home.
Bear Lake was nice and chilly. Of course we get there right as the storms started rolling through. We did get a chance to go to the east side of the lake and check out the ice piling up on the beach. Its really neat to look at. When the lake starts to thaw and then the wind will blow the melting ice up on the beach in huge piles. Unfortunately a picture just doesn't do it justice.
All in all its has been a great week! It will be weird when Kris actually goes back to work on Monday.

0 comments: