Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Weekend

If you have a great memory I would like you to name two years when the weather hasn't been crappy on Memorial weekend. Last year was nice but that is the only one I can think of. By nice I mean sunny that doesn't mean warm.

So like the past few years we went up to Bear Lake to visit my family and Kris was hoping to get out on the water for the first wakeboarding run of the year. Dissapointing to say the least was the fact that Saturday was the nicest weather and we didn't arrive until six that evening. Bummer! Oh well instead we did what my family does second best. Played cards and nintendo games until midnight.

Sunday was another chance to get out on the lake but by the time we were ready the storm clouds had moved in. It wasn't raining yet but definately too cold to be out on the lake. So we packed up the baby and went golfing instead. We all debated on what to do with our Coop and our original idea was to rachet strap the car seat in the golf cart, but when we arrived and were getting set up I found that his car seat clicked into the golf carts basket just like it would in the car base. Problem solved! I have to admit that it was a great idea and Cooper cooperated the whole time. I think he really liked being able to see everything that was going on. When we would drive he would talk to us. It was so cute! Kris & I had an amazing game. We both shot the best we ever had.

Monday was another crappy weather day but Kris & I wanted to golfing again. So when it looked like the weather was breaking My dad, Kris & I pilled into the golf cart and headed to the course. It was a little chilly and it only sprinkled for a min the whole time we were out. When we got home we decided that no one wanted to cook so Mom & Dad took us out to dinner at a local steak house. It was yummy!

I really have to thank my parents! We are so lucky to be able to get out of the city and go some where we always know we are going to have fun. We both love you so much and thanks for the non-stop giggles this weekend!

0 comments: