Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Seattle

I had the opporutuniy to go visit one of my best friends Abi for the weekend. She lives in Renton, Wa which is a 15 min from Seattle. It was great to see her two kids Alissa and Nathan. Its amazing how fast they grow up and get sassy. Alissa is so much like her mother it should be illegal! Nathan has got to be the fattest 7 month old I have ever seen but also the most active! It was great to also see Abi's family. I love Abi's mom Debbie! I dont think I have had enough Debbie's in my life!! Anyway after I got off the plane we went to lunch and chated then went back to her Apt. and hung out for a few hours before we went to dinner with her family! After that I was traaaashed! With the time difference of an hour I was done at 9pm Seattle time.


Saturday morning Abi actually got up at decent time. She brought Nathan with us to see Jimi Hendrix grave. It was pretty cool and she didn't realize he was buried right in Renton! After that we went back to her place to pick up Kip (Abi's boyfriend) so we could go into downtown Seattle and see the Space Needle and drive across the bridges. To be quite honest I wasn't that impressed with the Space Needle. I didn't go up to the top of it either because they charge you $26! I was more impressed with the design of the building that was right next to the space needle. Since Pike's Market was right there I convinced them to go there as well because I have heard its cool. So after hiking at least 100 stairs to the top of the market. I watched them throw a couple of fish around and then we walked throught the 3 story market place. It was awesome! All the variety of shops from flowers to antquies. On our way back we drove across a couple of bridges. One of them floats on the water and then there is a tunnel that goes underneath a neighborhood! CRAZY people if you ask me but it was cool to look at. Here is a video of them throwing a fish at Pikes Market.



Saturday night we had plans to go back into Seattle and go to Pioneer Square. There are some sweet bars and clubs there. You only have to pay one cover charge and you can get into 4 of them. It works out well if there aren't any people at one bar they are sure to be at another. I dont think I have ever had so much fun going out to dance at a club before. I danced the entire time. I seriously didn't look attractive at all by the end of the night because I was so sweaty and my hair was just a wreak! When we got home at 2:30 a.m. I passed out!!

Sunday wasn't anything special. Abi was sicker than a dog so we hugged at the apartment and her boyfriend drove me to the airport. Then a short plane ride later I got to see my hubby and baby! It was tons of fun and I am so glad I got the experience.

0 comments: