Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A weekend away

So this last weekend we were lucky enough to be albe to fly down to vegas for the weekend. How were we able to do so is because it was a company paid "get to know your co-workers" weekend. It was awesome!! Friday was a little hectic for me. I had to pack the baby and the dog to head over to Kris's sisters house for some fun with the ladies. Amber has three girls who love Cooper! I highly doubt that there was a second when someone wasn't kissing up on him. After dropping them off I came back home Kris and I packed and then headed for the airport. We were supposed to be there three hours before the flight took off, because we were a big group. It was alright because Kris and I hung out in the bar for an hour and then we went to hang with the rest of the group till the flight took off. No one realized the plane was boarding but we were the loudest group on the plane and we were the last ones to board this tiny plane to vegas. It wasn't bad for Kris & I but my dad got kinda sick on the way down. I think it was claustraphobia issue. It was Shannon's birthday so we got the flight crew involved. Stewardess and the captian tried to get him to go up to the cockpit but he was so embarassed. By the time the flight was getting ready to land the pilot wished him another happy birthday and our group sang to him. I am sure the rest of the passangers were too happy about it but who cares we were having fun. This is the best picture Karina could manage on the plane.Saturday morning after breakfast everyone wanted to go soak up the sunshine. After standing for a while we just started walking. We stopped in front of ceasars and got some great pictures with molesting the statues. We continued walking and made it to Margaritaville and then turned around there.We were all meeting in my parents Penthouse suite for a luncheon. It was great to actually see all the people I talk too through email. Plus there was great food and good conversation. After that Kris and I went to take a nap, because we could! Most of the people we were with wanted to play in a poker tourny. I didn't play because I am not very good. I am kinda a push over so I get intimidated really easy. Instead I went to my parents suite and took a bath in the jetted tub! Oh so nice. When I was finished I went back to my room and got ready for a nice evening out. Kris and I had tickets to go see Bite! Before the show we ate some pizza and sat down to have a beer. It was a rock tribute with a vampire theme. We both really liked it. After the show we headed back to the hotel. We couldn't find anyone else so we purchased some booze and headed back to the room.

Now here is the worst part but timed perfectly. Since it was daylight savings we lost an hour of sleep instantly, but we were scheduled to have massages Sunday morning! Which was also nice for the slightly hung over. If there was anything better than that massage I dont know what it is and if you do please tell. Nothing else exciting happend. We got back on a plane and came home!

0 comments: