Monday, February 25, 2008

Snowmobiling

My parents are so fun! They love to do everything outdoorsy. So this last weekend Kris and I finally decided to go up to Garden City and visit them. We went snowmobiling with my dad, Clint, Chris, and Greg. It was mostly the guys riding around on the hills; Chris and I stayed on the trails. There was a whole lot of sitting around drinking, bullshitting and soaking in the beautiful sunshine. We were out that day for five hours. It was so long but nobody really wanted to go back. After a few hours of riding I finally got up the guts to climb a hill. My heart was racing I thought for sure I was going to roll over backwards. Needless to say I didn't die but only I could get sunburned in the the middle of winter!


While we were out riding the sleds my mom was kind enough to watch Cooper. She also made some kickn' chili which was perfect after a day playing in the snow. While we were still eating we carried on with another tradition of games! We all love to play any kind of game. So we played Farkle (dice game), then Shreck Super party and then called it a night.

Sunday we played some more games and then Kris and I packed up and started the drive home. We disscussed how much fun it would be to buy the property across the street from my parents and build a home on it. Then the kids and I could move up there full time and Kris could live in a condo in the city during the week and come up to the lake on the weekends. It all sounds fun but unless we win the lottery I dont think it will happen.

0 comments: