Friday, February 15, 2008

The Brain

Valentines it wasn't the best day ever. Cooper had two check ups to go to. Our first visit was to the Utah Dept. of Health for his first Neonatal follow up. I was not excited about that one at all. Its located up by Primary Childrens and after that horrific storm that rolled through here the night before I knew the driving was going to suck so I made sure we left 45 min early. I-215 wasn't so bad but as soon as I got off on Foothill dr. traffic was stopped. It was crazy how as soon as I got off the freeway the wind was coming off those mtns so fast my car was seriously shaking. Good thing Cooper sleeps in the car. Anyway the check up wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be either. They tell you to expect it to take 3 -4 hours! It only took us 2! Whew... They look at everything. But all the docs said they can't believe how awesome he is doing for only being 2 lbs when he was born. Our physical therapist called him an athlete! It was funny. Size wise he is about a 2 month old in height and weight. But his head is measuring like a 4 month old. So now his name is "The Brain"!

Our second appt was with his pediatrician for his 6 month well child visit. Not so fun!! Here come 5 shots. It wasn't good! He just screams bloody murder for 5 mins or so and then I can get him to calm down. I felt so bad. "Hey Cooper happy 1st Valentines Day" Now have some shots. Oh well he is doing better today. He was just grumpy last night.

Kris got me Dane Cook's new tour CD. I love Dane Cook I think he is just so funny. Kris also got Cooper the Jungle Book. So we are going to watch it this morning. Now I thought I was being so creative with Kris's gift but it just might not be so today. I went and bought some cassette tapes and recorded some of his fav CD's on them. He doesn't have a CD player in his work truck. Then when he gets home he tells me that he might be getting a newer work truck today. Oh GREAT there goes my totally great and inexpensive gift. It wasn't such a bad day but nothing fancy for sure.



I LOVE YOU more than I could ever explain Kris.

0 comments: