Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Crafty Weekend

Everybody was all about crafting this weekend. Yes even Kris!
Kris has been working on modifying a mask he bought for his Lord of Darkness costume. So our plan was to cut out the seriously weak looking horns and make some kick ass ones that a MAN could be proud of, and that would represent the Lord of Darkness. Friday Kris went to Utrecht craft and bought the supplies we would need. After dinner we started working on horn building. Kris's only problem is that he is an Ottley. He can't help that perfectionism runs in his blood. So Dave(room-mate) and I sat and watched Kris struggle trying to make the very first horn perfect. Finally after an hour of over thinking the project I took over. My Forakis "good enough" blood worked very well for this project. So I sculpted the horns with 1/8" sculptor wire. It took longer than I thought but they looked darn good when I was all done!

Saturday I had been itching to go to The Wood Connection so at the crack of dawn I was up and ready to go at ten in the morning to go get some christmas gifts picked out for peeps in our families. I can't tell you how excited I was to find a new project that I could make and give! I was like a giddy little girl. When I got home I totally ditched helping Kris and started painting one set. I wish I could show pictures but there are people who read this that can't see what I am up too. So after Christmas I will post pictures of every thing I have and will make. I just finished my sisters and its so perfect! I am way excited and it is no where near christmas!
Sunday I told my sister-in-law that I wanted to make my nieces birthday cake so I could keep up on my decorating skills. I was really happy with the idea I found on the internet and so I spent all morning making a "Franken Girl" cake. There are the results!

0 comments: