Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Construction

This past weekend was all about construction. We spent all day Saturday up at Kris's moms house. She was helping me decode pattern lingo and Kris was sanding and refinishing a wood floor in one of the bedrooms.
Debbie was such a big help broadening my domestic goddess skills! How am I supposed to know what Baste means in fabric talk! I know how to baste a turkey but not fabric. Here is one excerpt from the pattern instructions. "Open out bodice back lining. With right sides together baste bodice front to bodice back at right side seams." HUH I think I read it 4 times and then Deb told me what to do. If I was a man I would have been scratching my butt in frustration. All in all it was a fairly easy pattern, when some one was decoding! I got the dress done in two days! Here are some photos.


As for Kris sanding and refinishing doesn't take that long. Its the prep that takes the most time! I wish I had a before picture but I was busy with my dress. So here are a couple of pics of the floor.

Also on Sunday Kris was so excited to get his Keg-r-ator together. So there are also a couple of pics of our now stocked beer facility.

1 comments:

Adam and Brynn said...

Yay! great job on your dress. :) It looks good. You guys have been busy busy. Those are some nice wooden floors too! :)