Monday, December 1, 2008

Surgery Update

We had noticed Friday that it looked like the scab had fallen off and the urethra they built was splitting. After a through stare I noticed it had split open, but it wasn't causing any pain so we figured we wouldn't worry about it. This morning we had an appointment to get Cooper's stint tube taken out. Sure enough the Doc said it had split open. He didn't give me any explanation as to why. When I say it split I mean the WHOLE urethra. There is just a 1mm piece that looks like its holding on; but even underneath that it split as well. Kris and I are so disappointed!
So it looks like we wait for it to heal while keeping an ever watchful eye that it doesn't scar over and completely block his urethra. It will be another 3 months before we go back and see how it healed and schedule another surgery.
BUMMER!!

2 comments:

Adam and Brynn said...

Man!!! I am so sorry to hear! That is SO frustrating...I know. I hope things go better next time. Keep us posted!

Ashley and Brett said...

It was so fun to see you guys last night. I just found out you were the one who made those peanut butter balls with chocolate.... will you post that recipe?? THEY WERE SOOO GOOD!!!! :)