Friday, August 29, 2008

LakeTown Demo Derby

Last weekend we went up to Bear Lake after a 3 week hiatus. It was good to get to spend time with my parents and sister without a ton of people around.
Kris & I left SLC around 3 pm on Friday so we could make it up to Bear Lake in time for a Golf Tourney. It was fun! We sucked of course but we have tons of fun golfing together. It does make it a lot more fun when you are playing best ball.
Saturday morning we waited until it warmed up enough to go boating. I wakeboarded a couple of times but for some reason it was just kicking my butt! Kris was the same way but he went a few times more than I did. After boating my mom & I got ready and went to browse the shops in town for some warmer clothes. I am so used to it always being warm in the city. I forget it is starting to get down into the 50's over night. So I didn't bring any warm clothes for the baby to be in at the Demo derby. I had to pick up some pants because my mom had talked my sister and I into being part of the "Half Time" entertainment. If you could picture a real life Mario Kart race that is what it felt like. Two people were on a 4-wheeler; the driver had a balloon duct taped to their helmet and the passenger has a plastic bat. There were 11 4-wheeler teams going a round the arena in a cirlce trying to not tip over while smacking the oppenents balloon off. It was hilariously fun! We were the second people out because my sister got the bat smacked out of her hand. Too bad the winners got $300!
Sunday we hung out most of the morning and then decided to all go golfing. So we snapped the baby in the golf cart and took off. It wasn't my best golfing ever but I think I am improving. After that we went back home and ate some pizza and then headed for home.

1 comments:

Kara & Jacob Maughan said...

What a fun weekend! You have such a cute little family Nat! I miss you we need to hang out :)