Thursday, July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday

I can't believe that at 3:40 pm a year ago today my world came crashing down when the doctors told us they had to take me in right now! I just remember freaking out because nobody knew we were at the hospital! I called my mom and started crying while Kris called everyone else. Then I was gone! Being wheeled back into the Infant ICU Delivery room so they could pass him through a window and straight into the waiting arms of some really great nurses. While they were prepping me for a c-section they had told Kris and I that the chances of him crying when he came out weren't great because he was so little. I just remember laying there focusing on breathing while Kris tried to keep me talking. Then there it was! It was the tiniest squeak you had ever heard and I just started to bawl. That to me should have said right out the gate how strong our mini Cooper was!

A year! It has never been so significant to me before. I know I have said it before but I just want everyone to know what a true blessing Cooper has been. He made me realize how strong I was, how fragile life is, and that miracles happen!

We love you so much little man! Happy 1st Birthday.

Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

M. M. C. C. said...

Happy 1 year!!!! crazy how fast time flies. the photos from kiddie kandids are SOOO adorable. such cute little family!!!

Adam and Brynn said...

Those pics of him are so cute! And he IS such a miracle! :) He's getting so big too. Happy Birthday Cooper!!