Sunday, May 9, 2010

Puppies Are HERE

A wonderful litter of 6 arrived very early Saturday morning.

I had heard Morgan panting around 12:30 am and I woke up sat there for 5 min but didn't hear anymore heavy panting so I didn't think much of it. It was at 1:15 when I heard the weirdest high pitch squeaking that I FLEW out bed and ran into the office. Sure enough Morgan met me at the door and in her "nesting bed" (plastic swimming pool) there was a tiny puppy. I was so pround of Morgan for not needing any assistance. She did it all! There were just a couple of puppies that we needed to tie off the umbilical cords and cut.

Heath Cleft was the last puppy born. He also has a cleft palette hence the name. I its very sad to know that he won't have a very good quality of life and vets wont do surgery to fix it. So we will most likely have to put him down. It really really makes me sad :,(

But overall this was a very successful litter. Morgan is a wonderful mother. Its a great Mothers day present for me as well!
Here are just a couple of pictures. I will post more in a couple of weeks when their eyes are open and I can handle them more.
Hennessy~ Girl 1st puppy
Heath cleft ~ Boy last puppy

3 comments:

emily barlocker scott said...

AWWWW!

Devan and Desiree Fenn said...

Hey my Boston Terrior had a cleft pallet and he was fine, just when we would bath him he would get water up there and start wheezing but nothing serious! Don't put him down... He can still live a great life! Ü You just probably wont be able to sell him for a full price. Let me know... I would take him if nobody else will. Our Boston got hit by a car last summer. =(

Meg said...

That is so Exciting!!!! Puppies are cute! When puppies have a cleft lip Do they not live very long? I didn't know that could happen to dogs. Sad :( I saw my lab give birth once and I thought it was the nastiest thing ever!!