Friday, February 3, 2012

Scary Facts & A fresh start

Scary Facts
I am owning up to the person I am. I do not feel like the person that I see the mirror. Here are the facts & they are scary. I am 5' 4", 226 lbs & a size 22. This shockingly is not the biggest I have been. While pregnant with Keys I reached 240. I know that is pregnancy but its still a huge number that never should have been. I didn't make a weight loss resolution because we all know how those go.
My out look on my weight changed on Jan 18th. I got the news that my Aunt Susan was in the hospital with kidney failure, pneumonia & was going to lose a leg due to diabetes. My aunt & I were not close by any means. I am thankful for FB that we were able to reconnect and learn about all the new things going our lives. Side note sorry! Aunt Susan was always a big women. Its a genetics thing on my dads side of the family. Jan 19th she passed away. Its always a super hard thing when someone dies so young. She was only 50, but she had been morbidly obese for the last 20 years of her life. Because of her passing my parents were deeply involved in the planning of her funeral because her family was broke & my parents were the only people who could afford a proper service for her. Its because of them I know that she was 550 lbs when she died. 550 lbs!!! This is in my DNA! That wasn't the biggest she had ever been. Just a year and a half earlier she weighed in at 700 lbs. This makes me cry every time I think about it.
Now my dads side of the family has a scary track record that I didn't know about. My grandma died @ 44 from a heart attack. My grandmas sister passed in her 50's from diabetes complications. Now my aunt. This is all not good news. The Forakis DNA is not kinda to the women it produces.

Fresh Start
I don't like the person I see in the mirror. Thankfully I have an amazing husband who makes me feel sexy. Thanks babe I love you! This is no longer the person I will be. I haven't had a soda since my Aunt passed. My hands no longer swell up. I am committing to being a healthier version of me. So that I wont be a statistic of the Forakis DNA I will be THE example! I am committing to going to the gym for 30min on Wed, Fri & Sun. I have been eating healthier & I feel better! Thanks to my mom pushing salads on me while at her house. I will be checking in weekly with weigh ins & recipes that are healthy and tasty.
So while owning up here is my BEFORE picture
Front



















Side



















Weigh In

1 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Those are some scary facts. I think its a great idea for you to get healthy start. When it eventually warms up we should get together and go walking. Keep up the great work I cant wait to see your progress.