Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pregnant emotional rant

Working from home... Every mom thinks this could possibly be the best thing EVER! You still contribute to the income making you still feel useful. You get to be with your children ALL day and still take advantage of cleaning your home off and on.
Preconceptions are amazing things. My job isn't like that at all. I WORK all day. Like any normal out of home job. My son gets ignored all day and has become amazing self sufficent. He is being raised by Sprout. My home is destroyed by the time 5pm rolls around. Most days I try to get out of the house on my lunch break; just so I am not stuck in here all day. On days when Cooper and I aren't meshing well its 10 times worse because I am busy and he in my face or just being a 3 yr old and generally irritating. To top off all of this wonderfulness being pregnant throws tiredness and general emotional wreak into the picture.
Most days when Kris gets home I try to be atleast showered and possibly have my hair done. I dont want him to think I am a complete lazy ass by sitting around in my pj's all day. Kris's job doesn't help out at all. He works in sales and is talking on the phone all day. When he gets home he wants to eat dinner and then plop on the couch and rest. He likes silence. This doesn't work for me either. I want to kick him in the butt. TALK to me please!! YOUR son has been driving me nuts all day!! I just cooked dinner YOU clean up!! It amazes me how he can think that because I have been home all somehow my life is easier. Noway man! Its at least twice as hard as your job yet I am still expected to be the same when he is home. Even his friends have agreed with me.
If you can't tell today is one of those days. I figured this was a good place to rant.

Nat

1 comments:

Kara & Jacob Maughan said...

Can I just say that I agree with you 110%?!?! Well, I think I just did...haha! This sounds like my life in a nutshell. I thought working from home would help me keep my house clean....ummm....maybe in my dreams! I feel for you ;)